Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oven Roasted Mushrooms and Potatoes

Awesome recipe I had to share. A friend made this for us for dinner when we were at their house, so I don't have a picture. But I have to say I don't usually like mushrooms, and I LOVED this dish! Enjoy!

1.5 pounds potatoes cut in 1/2 inch chunks (about 4.5 cups)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb fresh white mushrooms halved or quartered (about 5 cups)
1 c bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 c sliced green onions
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 450. In a large 9x13 pan toss potatoes with oil. Bake uncovered 10 min. Stir in mushrooms, pepper, garlic and bake uncovered until potatoes are nearly tender, about 15 min. Stir in green onions, salt, thyme and pepper, bake until vegetables are tender, about 10 min longer.

I usually leave out the thyme and use kosher salt. You can play with the proportions pretty easily, too, and just bake a little longer or add more oil if it looks too dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment