Monday, November 2, 2009

Mostaciolli


1 lb. Italian Sausage, browned and drained
4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
1 lb. mostaciolli noodles, cooked and drained
1 beaten egg
15 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup parmesan

Combine the noodles, sauce, and meat; set aside.
Combine ricotta, mozzarella, egg.

Layer 1/2 noodle mixture in 9x13 pan. Top with cheese mixture. Layer the rest of the noodles on top and cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover, top with parmesan, and bake 5 minutes more. Serves 10-12.

When I made this, I put it in 2 smaller casseroles and froze one. However, since it serves so many, I probably should have put it into 3 casseroles, as we got a little tired of it and I ended up throwing the leftovers out after several days. This recipe tastes a lot like spaghetti to me. I think some chunky vegetables might liven it up a bit... I'll have to add some next time I make it. I also needed to add some extra spaghetti sauce when I went to reheat it because it had become dry in the fridge. Thanks, Kate, for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment