Thursday, October 22, 2009

Freezing Chicken Soup

I don't have any great Chicken Noodle Soup recipes. I recently made it, and it turned out quite bland... I think the key is probably to put in an envelope of Lipton dry soup mix. I skipped this step because I thought I could compensate with spices and boullion from my cupboard. Next time I'll buy the mix, unless someone else has a good idea.



However, here are a couple other key ingredients you can be sure to add when you do attempt a batch of your own: Stock, Chicken, Onion, Celery, Carrots, Corn, Salt, Pepper
Optional: Garlic, Parsley, Seasoned Salt, Mrs. Dash

If you plan on freezing this soup (and this is a lesson I only just learned) you can leave the noodles (and rice?) out of it as they become soggy in the freezer. When you go to reheat the soup, then you should cook the noodles and add them.



When I froze my last batch, I put it into pint-sized freezer bags with about 3 cups in each. I figured this would be enough to serve one or two people... and would make a nice future gift for a friend who is sick with the flu.

1 comment: